The original source of my reviews can be found at the Craft Courses website. Where I have been awarded a Platinum Certificate for my level of teaching – that’s over 50 x 5* reviews!
These are just a few…
Curly Girly Crafts Reviews
I booked this course (silver clay) for my sister’s birthday. We had a really enjoyable day making a range of items. Toni explained every step clearly and we had plenty of time to try out ideas. We were both delighted with our finished products. Highly recommend this for everyone, even if you don’t think you are very creative.
Julie – 1/10/2018
- I have returned home with some glass beads that I will incorporate into a Kumihimo piece (Japanese braiding). Thanks Toni for a great lesson! Annette Coats – 2015
- Excellent course & lots of fun. Toni is both knowledgeable & a very good teacher. She made us feel confident at trying something new, helped & encouraged us. It was an enjoyable afternoon, with a selection of glass beads … which looked a lot better than we thought they would. I’d live to do it again & maybe be more adventurous. Victoria – 2015
- I had enjoyable first experience at learning the art of Lampwork with Toni. She has lots to say on the subject. It is inspiring to see how many techniques we covered within those 3 hours. I can’t wait to hone these skills! With the helpful information pack given, I know I can take the first steps.Izzy – 2015
- I had such a fabulous time today at a 1 to 1 session with Toni. I learnt so much about the equipment, process and different techniques and although I had never done any lamp work before, I came away with lots of wonderful beads and felt like I had improved a lot. I would definitely recommend!Amy Stripple – 2015
- Thanks for a fabulous lesson can’t belive how fast the morning went and how much I learnt i recommend any of toni’s classes she is an excellent teacher -Ruth Puxley – 2015
- I cannot praise this course enough. Toni is an excellent teacher, showing each stage of bead making and allowing lots of time for you to try each different technique. Although she has a structured plan, grading each new technique in order to maximise learning, she allows for individual choice and will adapt the course to your preference.Helen Cruickshank – 2014
- What fun I had learning Encaustic painting from Toni! I am anxious to do more painting at home in Florida. Yes, I traveled from America to learn some crafts from Toni — what a great way to spend a holiday. Annette Coats – 2015
- Had a great morning 1:1 with Toni who had done lots of preparation before I arrived to make sure the morning was a success. The morning exceeded my expectations by a long way and I now looking to buy some encaustic kit for myself. Thank you Toni.Nicola – 2015
- I attended an enamelling course in March 2015 with Toni.
It was a great day, as an absolute beginner I left really happy with being able to try out several techniques and left very proudly with my 3 pieces from the day.
Toni was a great teacher, informative, easy going and I really felt like I gained a lot. I can’t wait to get started at home now!! Thanks again Toni!Sam E – 2015
- Did Toni’s Encaustic Art course yesterday with my daughter in law.
We had a brilliant time. Couldn’t believe how much artwork we did and the different techniques we covered. Toni was an excellent teacher 5 I would highly recommend her to anyone who is considering trying Encaustic art. It is something I will definitly continue doing. Sally beales – 2015 months ago
- I LOVED this course, my friend and I both found it relaxing and we are now hooked!Lyn Aston – 2015 year ago
- Toni came to my home to run the workshop for me and some friends. We had a brilliant morning and learnt so much about encaustic art. We all produced pieces of artwork during the session and I was so taken with this art form that I bought all the stuff I needed the same day! Toni is a really approachable tutor, very friendly and eager to share her passion with others. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is considering taking up encaustic art as a hobby or who wants to learn more about it.Gilly Maddison – 2014
- Toni is an excellent instructor with lots of patience! I enjoyed the class and the opportunity to meet others who are interested in crafts. I live in Florida, and I am already thinking about another trip to the UK so I can improve on my craft skills under the guidance of Toni. Annette Coats – 2015
- Thank you an absorbing and interesting day enamelling in your mini summer course. It was not the first course I have done with you Toni and I doubt it will be the last. Shame you no longer do classes near to Chelmsford but that’s how things go I’m afraid. I always come away thinking of things I could have done better! It would be interesting to do some combined silver and enamelling one time. Or maybe I will http://nygoodhealth.com/product/intagra/ come and do some glass beads for a change. Thanks for a good day.
Barbara – 2015
- I had a great day, as part of Toni’s mini summer school. Toni is an excellent teacher & I loved trying different techniques on copper. When things didn’t go the way I’d hoped, she was able to suggest ways to ‘save’ my work & make it look good. So, I finished with 3 nice pieces, that I can turn into jewellery & had fun doing it. I’d love to come back & try silver clay enamelling sometime. Victoria – 2015
- I attended a one to one session with Toni exploring enamelling techniques for the first time. Toni was happy to accommodate things that I wanted to try and was very calm and patient with explanations and demonstrations. Toni’s knowledge of enamelling is extensive and she is happy to share that knowledge in order to help you go away and carry on with the craft yourself.
A very enjoyable day. Angela Ruggles – 2015
- I did the beginners enamelling course with Toni, a really interesting & enjoyable day. Toni is a relaxed & friendly teacher & explained the different techniques we could use. Basic enamelling, wet packing, swirling, sliver leaf among others. We started with a simple blank and progressed to more complex shapes. Toni has a wide range of blanks, enamels, frit, glass rod & silver leaf to chose from so you can really use your imagination & creativity on your own designs, and with Toni’s support & knowledge we made 3 pieces. This doesn’t have to be jewellery (although the intense enamel colours make that very effective) Toni had plenty of animal / bird blanks as well.I really enjoyed the day & intend to go back for the improvers course. I also learned that Toni does flame work and hope to do that as well.Friendly, informative, enjoyable & you take home something you’ve made. Thoroughly recommended!! Steve F – 2015
Enamelling on Silver Clay
- I tried enamelling on silver clay as it combines two of my favourite things. The course was all I hoped for and more! I picked up useful techniques and came away with a little clutch of lovely items I will enjoy using. My earrings are divine, silver with a subtle hint of purply colour. Will definitely book another course at some point! Suzie – 2015
- Toni happily included needle felting into a bespoke “playday” for me which also included polymer clay bead making and a very brief dabble with friendly plastic (much hilarity!). This was the third one to one session I have done with Toni and, as always, the day was friendly, fun and informative. Toni never scrimps on resources with so much to choose from and she is happy for you to use whatever you need / want. The class was very relaxed and I only stabbed myself a few times, coming away with something that vaguely resembled a cat – and armed with plenty of advice and tips (and more materials) to continue at home to perfect the poor creature (my artistic ability, not Toni’s teaching – which was excellent as always). Angela Ruggles – 2015
- Have done several classes with Toni now and I can thoroughly recommend her. Her classes are friendly places; you immediately feel welcome and confident. Toni is an excellent teacher and classes are generously resourced. If you are interested in wet and/or needle felting then one of Toni’s classes is a good place to start. Clare – 2015
Silver Clay – Make your Own Wedding Ring
- What a truly special experience our wedding ring making day with Toni was. Toni is very knowledgable teacher, able to communicate her expertise on this craft- in which neither myself or my partner had any experience, with clarity and simplicity. Very grateful for her guidance, reassurances, patience and numerous cups of tea and coffee! It made for a memorable and day for us both. A fun and affordable method of creating priceless rings! Siobhan Renshaw – 2015
- Lovely, relaxing day. Toni was very knowledgable and helpful, she made the course easy to follow and I appreciated the worksheets we got to take home with us. Would definitely recommend, and I hope to attend some of her other courses in the future. Claire Blade – 2015
- Very enjoyable course, very relaxing – everything explained and Toni very helpful with tips, knowledge/experience, etc. Amazed how many pieces I made from what looks like a small piece of clay! Definitely recommend this course. Christine Williams – 2015
- Relaxed half day silver clay course yesterday. Really enjoyed it and found it very informative.
Toni is a good teacher. Very helpful. Shirley Mosley – 2015
- Fantastic half day course. It was very relaxed and informative. First time I had used silver clay and came away with pretty pendants. I will be booking more classes with Toni. Recommended. Lorraine Neill – 2015